Excellent Adventures Online

Sunday, June 26, 2005

BOGOF

No plans were laid and we woke to the aroma of home made special fried rice. After a delicious brunch we lounged about waiting for Bing to lose a few wrinkles and creases – a heady mix of hay fever and sleep deprivation (waiting for Mars to rise) had left him worse for wear.

Around 3pm I bundled him into the KA and headed for Shibden Park in Halifax, stopping in Sainsburys for some duck food on the way.

Having found a space in the very busy car park, we made a beeline for the boating house on the lake. It was a perfect day for rowing – blue skies and a light breeze. Bing did the back work whilst I tempted the ducks with bread buns. There weren’t many takers; most of the ducks were snoozing in the sunshine.

After our boat trip we laid out a blanket beneath the shade of trees and Bing had a little snooze. Around 5:30pm I woke him up for the next stage of our little adventure.

We drove to Birstall retail park for a little dinner in preparation for the evening’s entertainment. I shopped in KFC, Bing in McDonalds, then we sat in McDonalds and feasted! No extravagance was spared with side orders of salad and sweetcorn.

Finishing dinner at 7:10pm left us just enough time to race across to Showcase Cinemas for the 7:30pm screening of Batman Begins. After much seat shuffling in a vain attempt to avoid the packet rustlers, we settled down to enjoy the movie.

We stayed to the very end of the credits left the screen unaccompanied. As we passed the door to the next screen I joked with Bing that Kung Fu Hustle was showing and he might watch that too (we had been undecided as to which film we should watch between Batman Begins and Kung Fu Hustle). He ran in and I followed – the adverts were still on and the movie was due to start! We took it in turns to race to the toilet, trousers practically round our ankles, and were seated in time for credits.

We eventually returned home at around 12:30am.

What a day; what a night; what another fabulous weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home